You know how easy it is to ignore an email… right? I mean you see it pop up on your phone… maybe you read it … and then you figure “eh… I’ll respond later.” And then you don’t.
Well you’re not alone. An article out of Boomerang says when you send an email, there’s only a 34% chance you’ll ever get a response.
In OTHER words… 2 out of every 3 emails you sent today are never getting a response.
… and that’s as good as it gets.
Here’s what makes it worse:
- Typo in the email subject line: Your chances drop to 29%
- Starting off with a lowercase letter in the subject line: Your chances drop to 28%
- Sending it on a Monday: You’re more likely to make those typos and sound angry in anything you write.
Here’s what you can do to to improve your odds:
- Limit the subject line to 3 or 4 words
- Keep the content of the email between 50 and 125 words
In OTHER words… keep it short and sweet. Remember… it’s an email… not a monologue.