Square One’s Division of Urban Planning and Historic Preservation provides technical assistance to municipalities, developers, and those entrusted with cultural resource management. Our staff has a proven track record of success with a variety of clients that reflect a diversity of needs, backgrounds, and objectives. Square One’s services range from short term measures and projects to longer range plans with regional implications. Our services include:
- Municipal Planning Assistance: Square One can address with a variety of municipal planning and zoning needs including site plan review, zoning amendments, comprehensive/master planning documents, downtown revitalization strategies; and economic development initiatives.
- Cultural Resource Management: From historic district updates to the development of guidelines for cultural resource promotion and preservation, Square One offers a comprehensive list of services designed to protect your cultural resources while making them relevant and accessible to the public. Our services include National Register Designation, grant writing, heritage tourism, heritage education, and guidelines for historic district overlay zoning.
- Residential and Commercial Planning for the Private Developer: With significant experience working on behalf of municipalities and private developers, Square One is prepared to help you navigate the planning and zoning requirements of a community as well as any State and Federal mandates that may be in place.
Featured Projects From Our Staff:
- National Register Designation and Archival Management for the First Congregational Church of Albany.
- Village of Hastings Clock Tower Restoration Project
- Village of Nyack Waterfront Initiative
- Hastings Planning Workshop
- Tiffany Educational Initiative
- “Windows on History” guidebook (in partnership with Amtrak)